Efforts sans vision never yield desired result. A person without vision only invites sufferings and criticism from all corners. Same is the case with educational institutions. Their success depends highly on vision, determination, perseverance, ambition and discipline of the person at the helm of affairs.
As the principal of the Ranchi College, my thoughts are always about how to build, upgrade and elevate the intellectual, cultural and moral capabilities of the personnel of the college. Here is the vision for the college:
- Academic freedom will be given to all the staff and students to engage into intellectual discourse and critical enquiry without fear and favour.
- Build a positive image and reputation for the college with all role players and stakeholders.
- Come up with such educational programmes that promote innovation and improve quality of life by responding to local, national and social needs.
- Documentation of the achievements of the students who have completed their studies from this college and now serving the society.
- Encourage teachers for applying for more and more Minor and Major Research Projects.
- Ensure the facilitation of an intellectual culture that serves the cause of the society and promotes pursuit of knowledge across a broad spectrum of discipline.
- Focus on careful stewarding and enhancing of resources entrusted to the institution.
- Guarantee for prudent management of the college resources.
- Hard work for capacity building of students, teachers and officers alike.
- Involve students in sports equally as in academics.
- Introduce performance based appraisal system for all staff of the University to ensure efficiency, effectiveness and transparency.
- Inculcate social responsibilities among teachers, officers, students and other staff members of the university. We also intend to inculcate human values such as honesty and discipline among the stakeholders.
- Keep the students stress free and instil belief in them that they are capable of accomplishing any task no matter how daunting it might be.
- Launch special scholarship programmes for those in need.
- Make college a rewarding workplace in which all the students and staff are encouraged to excel academically and are enabled to enhance their academic skills, develop their professional career and realise their own hidden potential.
- Nurture talented students.
- New vistas of research and learning for faculty and students will be opened.
- Provide scientific teaching aid to the teachers.
- Put all efforts to educate, equip and inspire the creative leaders of tomorrow through well laid policies.
- Strengthen Alumni/University linkages through enhanced participation of the alumni in college affairs and joint programmes such as Annual alumni lecture, Distinguished Alumni award, Distinguished Young Alumni award and Alumni Chair etc.
- Try to make higher education more attractive for students.
- Uphold financial discipline, which is must for running college smoothly.
- Work for quality assurance in all spheres of college life.